Why do Life Groups exist?
We believe life is not meant to be lived alone. In fact the vision for Life Church Nashville is Doing Life Together.
Therefore, we’ve specifically designed our Life Groups to facilitate building relationships, community and disciples. When you join a Group, you have the opportunity to build lasting relationships, study God’s word, pray for one another, and apply Biblical principles to the challenges we face in daily life.
Life Groups exist to bring people together and then help them grow.
What are Life Groups?
Any group of 3 or more people who meet regularly with a purpose in mind of focusing on the following 5 tenants of growth:
1. Discipleship: Engage in Group discussions- focusing on scripture and questions provided by the Life Group Ministry. Meant to bring dialogue, growth, and understanding. (Discipleship)
2. Evangelism- as a group form and implement plans to do outreach in the community (local outreach) or global outreach by going on a missions trip to a foreign country. The focus in Evangelism is going into all the world and making disciples.
3. Worship- finding ways to worship together (music, prayer, dance, etc)
4. Fellowship- finding ways to connect on a personal level (doing life together), building personal relationships. Celebrating birthdays, life events, being present for each other during times of grief, etc.
5. Ministry/Service- As a group planning to do service projects, volunteer work to serve unprivileged people or the poor.
Each Life Group has a host who is trained to lead in these areas and hold regular meetings with their Group. Each group is a balanced intentional purpose driven group not a special interest group.
Why should I join a Life Group?
It is through doing life together that our problems become smaller and God uses others to bring healing, support and encouragement to our lives—whether we realize we need it or not. Your Life Group will quickly become a place where others don’t just know your name, but care about what is happening in your life.
How often do Life Groups meet?
Our Life Groups meet for two semesters a year—spring (8-12 weeks) and fall (8-12 weeks). During the semester, most groups meet once a week. Life Groups are meant to bring meaning and community into the flow of your life so even if you can’t attend every single meeting, there is still great value in joining a group.
We know that people’s schedules are busy and may not be able to attend a midweek Wednesday night service. This gives you an opportunity to join a Life Group that meets at various times throughout the week, meet some great people, grow in your faith, and then decide if you want to stay with that group or try a different one.
Interested in joining a Life Group or hosting a Life Group?
Fill out form below.